By Dong-Gyu Sim (auth.), Yo-Sung Ho, Hyoung Joong Kim (eds.)
We are extremely joyful to welcome readers to the lawsuits of the sixth Pacific-Rim convention on Multimedia (PCM). the 1st PCM was once held in Sydney, Australia, in 2000. considering the fact that then, it's been hosted effectively via Beijing, China, in 2001, Hsinchu, Taiwan, in 2002, Singapore in 2003, and Tokyo, Japan, in 2004, and eventually Jeju, probably the most appealing and very good islands in Korea. This yr, we accredited 181 papers out of 570 submissions together with normal and detailed consultation papers. The popularity cost of 32% exhibits our dedication to making sure a really top quality convention. this may no longer be attainable with out the complete aid of the superb Technical Committee and nameless reviewers that supplied well timed and insightful studies. we might as a result prefer to thank this system Committee and all reviewers. this system of this yr displays the present pursuits of the PCM’s. The authorized papers hide more than a few themes, together with, all elements of multimedia, either technical and creative views and either theoretical and functional matters. The PCM 2005 application covers instructional periods and plenary lectures in addition to general displays in 3 tracks of oral periods and a poster consultation in one tune. we've attempted to extend the scope of PCM to the inventive papers which don't need to to be strictly technical.
Read or Download Advances in Multimedia Information Processing - PCM 2005: 6th Pacific Rim Conference on Multimedia, Jeju Island, Korea, November 13-16, 2005, Proceedings, Part I PDF
Best international conferences and symposiums books
This publication constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the foreign Workshop on power Minimization equipment in computing device imaginative and prescient and trend popularity, EMMCVPR'97, held in Venice, Italy, in may perhaps 1997. The booklet provides 29 revised complete papers chosen from a complete of sixty two submissions. additionally incorporated are 4 complete invited papers and a keynote paper through major researchers.
Welcome to the eighth overseas Workshop on Groupware (CRIWG 2002)! the former workshops came about in Lisbon, Portugal (1995), Puerto Varas, Chile (1996), El Escorial, Spain (1997), Búzios, Brazil (1998), Cancun, Mexico (1999), Madeira, Portugal (2000), and Darmstadt, Germany (2001). CRIWG workshops stick with an easy recipe for achievement: stable papers, a small variety of individuals, broad time for energetic and confident discussions, and a excessive point of cooperation either inside of and among paper periods.
- Document Analysis Systems VII: 7th International Workshop, DAS 2006, Nelson, New Zealand, February 13-15, 2006. Proceedings
- Digital Watermarking: First International Workshop, IWDW 2002 Seoul, Korea, November 21–22, 2002 Revised Papers
- Object-Oriented Technology ECOOP’99 Workshop Reader: ECOOP’99 Workshops, Panels, and Posters Lisbon, Portugal, June 14–18, 1999 Proceedings
- Proceedings of a Conference on Operator Theory, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, April 13 and 14th, 1973
- Proceedings ''Wascom 2003'' 12th Conference on Waves and Stability in Continuous Media: Villasimius (Cagliari) Italy
- Coordination Models and Languages: 7th International Conference, COORDINATION 2005, Namur, Belgium, April 20-23, 2005. Proceedings
Additional info for Advances in Multimedia Information Processing - PCM 2005: 6th Pacific Rim Conference on Multimedia, Jeju Island, Korea, November 13-16, 2005, Proceedings, Part I
15) Vn, Ln0, and Ln1 are estimated by optimizing the following energy function: ⎛ ⎧ ⎛ ⎛ ∆ x2 + y2 ⎜ ⎪ d d Bn' ( xd , y d ) ⋅ ⎨Vn cos 4 ⎜ arctan⎜ ⎜ ⎜ ⎜ f ⎪ ⎝ ⎜ ⎝ ⎩ E = ∑ ρ (I n − Bn ) = ∑ ρ ⎜ I n − 0 L n ⎜ ⎜ ⎜ ⎝ where the cost function is defined by ρ ( x) = ( x / a )2 . 2 1 + (x / a ) ⎞ ⎫ ⎞⎞ ⎟ ⎟ + 1 − V ⎪ − L1 ⎟ ⎬ n n ⎟, ⎟⎟ ⎪⎭ ⎠⎠ ⎟ ⎟ ⎟ ⎟ ⎟ ⎠ (16) (17) This cost function is introduced for robust estimation against those moving objects functioning as outliers. -G. Sim ⎛ ⎛∆ u 2 +v 2 m+1 m+1 eP (um , vm ) × V p cos 4 ⎜⎜ arctan⎜ ⎜ f ⎜ ⎝ ⎝ ⎞⎞ ⎟⎟ + 1 −V p ⎟ ⎟⎟ ⎠⎠ (18) assuming that the error characteristics in input image parametric modeling is similar to those in panoramic image generation.
We do not use the conventional absolute error nor square error because they are very sensitive to outliers. In background estimation, the moving object regions would behave as outliers, and the estimates would deteriorate . The input image size and the search space for the correspondence point over the panoramic image are quite large. For efficient computing, the correspondence point is estimated by using a three-level pyramid structure in minimizing the cost function. Estimation for illumination and vignetting parameters and background is performed.
R. Noh Fig. 8. The calendar frames (upper) and the blended frames (lower) Fig. 9. Comparison of a simple texture blending and a seamless edge blending Several other experiments also veriﬁed that our system works well for real video streams in which objects are static and the motion of the camera is dominant. 5 Conclusion We proposed a method of 3D structure reconstruction and blending using a single-camera video stream. Our approach is based on a simpliﬁcation of camera parameters and the use of projective geometry without camera calibration.
Advances in Multimedia Information Processing - PCM 2005: 6th Pacific Rim Conference on Multimedia, Jeju Island, Korea, November 13-16, 2005, Proceedings, Part I by Dong-Gyu Sim (auth.), Yo-Sung Ho, Hyoung Joong Kim (eds.)